Adobe PDF File (Type information, print document, and sign)
DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY
HEADQUARTERS, UNITED STATES ARMY 89TH REGIONAL SUPPORT COMMAND
MEMORANDUM FOR All Commanders, 89th Regional Readiness Command (RRC)
SUBJECT: Reunion Marriage Retreats Memorandum of Instruction (MOI)
1. Introduction. This MOI provides detailed instructions for eligible 89th RRC soldiers and their spouses to attend a Reunion Marriage Retreat conducted by the 89th RRC Chaplain Office.
2. Purpose. Staffed by the 89th RRC Chaplain Office, these retreats will provide marriage enrichment instruction and ample time to relax, reflect, and strengthen their marriages. The Lied Conference Center at the world famous Arbor Day Farm will furnish all meals, comfortable hotel and meeting rooms, and opportunities to walk in the woods (www.liedlodge.org).
3. Eligibility. Any married soldier in an 89th RRC unit who has returned from a deployment of at least thirty days since 1 June 2002 may attend with his or her spouse. Other married soldiers may apply and will be placed on a wait-list. The 89th RRC Chaplain Office will assign space on a first come, first served basis.
4. Orders. The 89th RRC Chaplain Office will reserve space at the retreat and issue invitational travel orders to spouses using the information on the application form. Soldiers must apply for their orders through their unit.
5. Funding. UAs must submit RFOs immediately after verifying both the appropriate fund code and the soldier's confirmed reservation on the shared drive of ‘089rsc-pdc’ (S:)\Chaplains\Reunion Marriage Retreats. Refer to the "soldier funding" and "SepRetreat" files. UAs must not delay RFO submission. Funding for this mission is available. Orders must read "Government quarters and meals are available and directed".
6. Dates and Location. Report time for the 24-26 September Retreat is 1800 on 24 September. Departure time is 1200 on the last day. Sessions will be held at the Lied Conference Center, Nebraska City, Nebraska (just south of Omaha). The 89th RRC Chaplain Office will handle all room reservations based on information provided in the application.
7. Uniform. Appropriate casual civilian attire throughout the retreat. Examples of appropriate clothing during training sessions and meals include slacks and short-sleeved shirts for men. Clothing for women would include slacks, skirts, and dresses. More casual clothing, to include shorts, is appropriate during other times.
8. Application and suspense date. To ensure a reservation, the enclosed application must be received at the 89th RRC Chaplain Office no later than 20 August, 2004. Contact this office for availability after this date.
9. Point of Contact: 800 892-7266 or 316 681-1759, CH (LTC) Upchurch , ext. 1342 or MSG Hopkins, ext. 1336.